I spent yesterday putting on layers of paint — a flat gold and an iridescent pearl – to get Aurora the Seeing-Eye Dragon’s spikes to match her skin.
She then wanted a pedicure.
So here she is almost at full size:
I spent today constructing the wings. They started out like this:
And after wrestling with wire, threads, batting and beads wound up like this:
She now stands at 16″ tall and 38″ long. That tail will be curled up a bit around her blind partner, Iris. I’ll begin constructing her next.
Please read the previous posts to find out more about the Seeing-Eye Dragon I am making for A Somewhat Secret Place: Disability and Art